segunda-feira, 5 de maio de 2008

Loving Hitchcock even more

Scared to death, I watched Vertigo alone in my mother's living room last night. After watching the movie, I realized that the title is suggestive of end, but it is very easy to get involved with the plot and not think about the title. During the movie, I wondered if the title was right for the movie. But, nooo... There is an important relationship between the title and the movie itself. And I cannot say it!
I am a big fan of Hitchcock's work, but every time I play a movie that is new to me, I am amazed by his capacity to surprise the audience. He was a genious, in my opinion.
I am usually frightened by mystery and thriller movies, and I was especially scared by such a good combination of the two. Still, I have to admit that this one was worth the fear.
My biggest problem with Hitchcock's movies is that I almost give away the ending every time I write about it.

Nenhum comentário: